Welcome to my hompage
Dr. D. Pradhan
Dr. Debasish Pradhan is presently working as an Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune. He has 11 years of experience in the academics field. During this period, he has been involved in Under Graduate teaching, Post Graduate teaching, Research, Projects, Monitoring, and Evaluation of various states in his department.
- 2000: Master of Science (M.Sc) in Mathematics from Department of Mathematics, Sambalpur University, Odisha, India.
- 2008: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Mathematics from Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India.
- Teaching Assistant at Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (July 2003 - April 2007)
- Research Associate at Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay ( June 2008 – December 2008)
- Visiting Faculty at Institute of Mathematics & Applications at Bhubaneswar, Odisha (January 2009 - December 2009)
- NBHM Post Doctoral Fellow at Department of Mathematics & Statistics, University of Hyderabad (January 2010 – April 2011)
- Assistant Professor at Department of Applied Mathematics, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune ( April 2011 - till date)
- Numerical Analysis
- Finite Element Methods (FEMs)
- Boundary Element Methods (BEMs)
- Domain Decomposition Methods (DDMs)
- Image Processing
- Motion of Shock Wave and the Evaluation of Shock Pressures with Unsteady Density Profile” sponsored by Directorate of Extramural Research and Intellectual Property Rights (ER&IPR), DRDO with 16.38 lakhs grant for 5 year (4 years + 1 year extension) from October 2008. Dr (Mrs) S D Naik (PI) from October 2008 to April 2012 & Dr. Debasish Pradhan (PI) from April 2012 to October 2013.
- “Numerical Investigation of Flow and Heat Transfer of Chemically Reacting MHD Newtonian nanofluids through Porous boundaries”, under the Grant-in-Aid scheme of DIAT (DU) at a total cost of 8.5 lakhs from 03rd October 2017 to 02nd October 2019, Dr. Debasish Pradhan (Co-PI).
- Deepa Chakravarty and Debasish Pradhan, A Level Set Approach for Segmentation of Intensity Inhomogeneous Image Based on Region Decomposition. SN COMPUT. SCI. 1, 265 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s42979-020-00278-w.
- B. R. Kapuriya, Debasish Pradhan, and Reena Sharma, Detection and restoration of multi-directional motion blurred objects. Signal, Image and Video Processing, 13(6), 1001–1010 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11760-019-01438-z.
- S Sandanakishnan and Debasish Pradhan, Enhancing LBP Features for Object Recognition using Spatial Pyramid Kernel. Int J of Comput Math Sci, 6(6), 105–109 (2017).
- Sunita V. Dhavale, Rajendra S. Deodhar, Debasish Pradhan, and L. M. Patnaik, A robust zero watermarking algorithm for stereo audio signals, Int J of Information and Computer Security, 8(4), 330-346 (2016).
- Sunita V. Dhavale, Rajendra S. Deodhar, Debasish Pradhan, and L. M. Patnaik, “State Transition Based Embedding in Cepstrum Domain for Audio Copyright Protection”, IETE Journal of Research, 61 (1), 41-55 (2015).
- Nilam A. Chirame, Debasish Pradhan, and S.D. Naik, Operator Splitting Technique with FORCE scheme Employed to Simulate Pressure Wave Motion Inside Gun Chamber, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 39 (8), 2139-2154 (2015).
- Sunita V. Dhavale, Rajendra S. Deodhar, Debasish Pradhan, and L. M. Patnaik, High payload adaptive audio watermarking based on cepstral feature modification, J Inf Hiding Multimedia Signal Process, 5(4), 586-602 (2014).
- Sunita V. Dhavale, Rajendra S. Deodhar, Debasish Pradhan, and L. M. Patnaik, Adaptive Quantization Index Modulation Audio Watermarking based on Fuzzy Inference System, Int J of Image, Graphics and Signal Processing, 6(3), 1-11 (2014).
- Debasish Pradhan, S. Baskar, N. Nataraj, and A. K. Pani, A Robin-Type Non-Overlapping Domain Decomposition Procedure for Second Order Elliptic Problems, Advances in Computational Mathematics, 34(4) , 339-368 (2011).
- Debasish Pradhan, N. Nataraj, and A. K. Pani, An Explicit/Implicit Galerkin Domain Decomposition Procedures for Parabolic Integro-Differential Equations, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computing, 28, 295-311, (2008).
- Deepa Chakravarty and Debasish Pradhan, "Segmentation of Images with Tubular Features based on Tight-Frame Technique," Proceedings of the 2020 International Conference on Convergence to Digital World - Quo Vadis (ICCDW), Mumbai, India, 2020, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/ICCDW45521.2020.9318697.
- B. R. Kapuriya, Debasish Pradhan and R. Sharma, "Geometric Constraints Based Selective Segmentation for Vector Valued Images," Proceedings of the 2020 International Conference on Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), Coimbatore, India, 2020, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/ICCCI48352.2020.9104107.
- B. R. Kapuriya, Debasish Pradhan and R. Sharma, “Selective Segmentation of Piecewise Homogeneous Regions”, Proceedings of the ICIDCA 2019, Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, vol 46. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-38040-3_60.
- S. Jawalkar, O. Ojjela, and Debasish Pradhan, “Influence of Thermophoresis and Brownian Motion on MHD Mixed Convective Chemically Reacting Couple Stress Fluid Flow in Porous Medium Between Parallel Plates”, Proceedings of the ICACM 2018, Kharagpur, India, November 23–25, Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics, vol 320. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-3615-1_4.
- Rutuja V. Savant and Debasish Pradhan, "Estimation of noise parameters for captured image," Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Engineering and Technology (ICETECH), Coimbatore, India, 2016, pp. 1029-1033, doi: 10.1109/ICETECH.2016.7569405.
- Amrit Panda and Debasish Pradhan, "Hyperspectral image processing for target detection using Spectral Angle Mapping," Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Industrial Instrumentation and Control (ICIC), Pune, India, 2015, pp. 1098-1103, doi: 10.1109/IIC.2015.7150911.
- Manorama Pokheriya and Debasish Pradhan, "Object detection and tracking based on silhouette based trained shape model with Kalman filter," Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Advances and Innovations in Engineering (ICRAIE-2014), Jaipur, India, 2014, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICRAIE.2014.6909197.
- M. Patnaik, Ajay Mathew, M. S. Gill and Debasish Pradhan, "FastRec : A fast and robust text independent speaker recognition system for radio networks," Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Advances and Innovations in Engineering (ICRAIE-2014), Jaipur, India, 2014, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/ICRAIE.2014.6909318.
- Sunita V. Dhavale, Rajendra S. Deodhar, Debasish Pradhan, and L. M. Patnaik, “Robust multiple stereo audio watermarking for copyright protection and integrity checking”, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Information Technology (CIIT 2013), Mumbai, India, 18-19 Oct. 2013, pp. 9 – 16, DOI: 10.1049/cp.2013.2567.